Saturday, August 04, 2007

It's Shark Week


I hope all of you are tuning into the discovery channel for Shark Week this week, this performance guy certainly is. There was one segment I was watching where researchers were tagging great white sharks in the Pacific ocean to learn more about their migration habits and ultimately track where the sharks move to feed. From the tracking device the researchers could get details into the water depth, water temperature, and location of the great whites. They were able to map the migration patterns of 80 sharks and link the data back to a central data source where they could do more analysis. One of their next steps was to take shark attack data from the past 100 years and overlay it with the data they had compiled from the shark tagging. Now that’s some performance management that can help everyone “Shark Performance Management”, especially those performance guys that enjoy to surf… Good on ya mates! Maybe I can get them to build me a dashboard for Great White feeding patterns in the pacific north west so I know when to send one of my buddies just a little further out on the water than me.

No comments: