Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Business Objects News Continues to Reverberate

I'll get to my good friend Pat's post next, but the news this week of Business Objects buying Cartesis seems to have had as much reaction (I'd submit it's actually been more, but that's just what I'm seeing from my seat) as Oracle and Hyperion did several weeks ago.

But this article cracked me up, the title of which is "Rivals Decry Business Objects Acquisition of Cartesis."

Decry? Isn't that what the UK did when Iran captured their sailors?

OK, that was a bit gratuitous, but nonetheless the headline did make me read the article, so I'll tip my hat to Jason, and note that the "Noah's Ark" comment, admittedly a textbook PR soundbite, was also humorous, so also kudos to the Cognos machine for coming up with that one.

But I digress. Where was I? Right, Performance Guy Pat's post...

No comments: