Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Greetings from Berlin!

I'm tempted to do a whole ich bein ein thing, but will refrain. The Business Objects European Insight Conference kicked off this morning with dual news, some close to my performance management heart, namely the Performance Suite release which features the integration of the profitability applications on the business intelligence platform ahead of schedule. The other bigger news involves an acquisition of Inxight Software, which is the first attempt to marry the elusive bridemaid of unstructured data to the BI platform.

While this has real, yet tangential benefits to the current EPM marketplace, it's a bold move to address all the data not currently residing in data warehouses these days. More to come on this, and I look forward to comments on this move from my fellow performance guys. I'm itching for a good blog fight--maybe it's me being back in the fatherland again...

No comments: