Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Talent Raid!

Our old friends at Microstrategy are at it again. Love them or hate them, you have to acknowledge they have a defined marketing strategy that’s very public, very brash, and very much not seeming to care about what other people think. You want earnings guidance? Pshaw. Lower support costs? Give me a break. Conventional marketing? You’re kidding, right?

Their latest gambit focuses on publicly announcing their desire to raid talent from both Business Objects and Cognos at the grown up version of a career day, to be held on November 29th at Microstrategy offices in cities around the world.

If I’m Business Objects or Cognos, do I not just have my senior people stand outside the Microstrategy offices that night to see if I recognize anyone? Or do I not care if my people are going to this company?

Probably the latter I’d suspect—after all, if people want to leave and feel that they have a better opportunity elsewhere, you’ve likely already lost them. Plus, given all the activity around HR and personnel issues these days, if I'm smart I've already had private, 1:1 chats with all my key people to keep them around.

And while I’ve certainly received my fair share of emails and phone calls from friends and former colleagues in the past few months inquiring about potential openings, only Microstrategy would be bold enough to go public with their quest for the best talent. Personally I love the approach. As the saying goes, it's not bragging if you can do it--so let's see who they can peel off.

I'm just thankful on this Thanksgiving week that there's still have a vendor is keeping things interesting!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

buy ativan online ativan online no prescription needed - cope ativan withdrawal

Anonymous said...

ativan online pharmacy are ativan and xanax the same thing - ativan crazy meds

Anonymous said...

lorazepam online want to buy ativan - ativan xr

Anonymous said...

buy valium valium dosage 15 mg - how to buy valium online in australia

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam diazepam 2mg before flying - recreational dosage of diazepam

Anonymous said...

ativan mg ativan with alcohol - medicine lorazepam 1mg

Anonymous said...

buy soma buy soma next day delivery - aura soma online test

Anonymous said...

buy soma online no prescription soma muscle relaxer and ibuprofen - soma usa online pharmacy

Anonymous said...

buy valium without rx buy valium no prescription - enhance valium high

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online ambien cr nyquil - generic ambien online + no prescription

Anonymous said...

soma what does carisoprodol 350 mg do - buy generic soma online

Anonymous said...

buy valium online 10mg valium good - buy valium online from thailand

Anonymous said...

online soma buy somatropin pen - carisoprodol rxlist

Anonymous said...

brand valium where can i buy valium uk - valium bipolar depression

Anonymous said...

buy soma buy soma online without - buy soma online cod